Sunday, September 12, 2010

"d"



Fun with the letter "d". Wait, did I just say "fun"? No, not fun. If you ever ask me to make you a custom banner, please, oh please, I beg of you, do not ask for "Edwardian Script ITC" as your font! I'm doing this for the most loveliest of ladies who sold soap at the booth next to me at the Great Falls Farmer's Market and once it's done, I'll post it along with her Etsy shop name because you really must check out her soap. It's wonderful!! And quite honestly, I'm kidding, because now that I've mastered Edwardian Script -- I say BRING IT ON!

But have you ever tried to stitch like this with your regular sewing machine? I've done this a little bit to applique baby onsies and things like that, but MAN, my sewing machine choked on this particular job! I'm really glad that these flags are 2-sided, thus hiding the mass of knotted thread on the underside. I'm just wondering what the deal is -- should I have a different sewing machine, like something meant to machine embroider? I just don't know.

Anyways, happy "d" ness.
xo
Cristi

No comments:

Post a Comment